One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Vascular Surgery
- The Society for Vascular Surgery practice guidelines on the care of patients with an abdominal aortic aneurysm.J Vasc Surg. 2018; 67: 2-77.e2
- The Multicentre Aneurysm Screening Study (MASS) into the effect of abdominal aortic aneurysm screening on mortality in men: a randomised controlled trial.Lancet. 2002; 360: 1531-1539
- Fifteen-year follow-up of a randomized clinical trial of ultrasonographic screening for abdominal aortic aneurysms.Br J Surg. 2007; 94: 696-701
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm screening: a systematic review and meta-analysis of efficacy and cost.Ann Vasc Surg. 2019; 54: 298-303.e3
- Screening for abdominal aortic aneurysm: a best-evidence systematic review for the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force.Ann Intern Med. 2005; 142: 203-211
- Screening for abdominal aortic aneurysm: U.S. Preventive Services Task Force Recommendation Statement.Ann Intern Med. 2014; 161: 281-290
- Screening for abdominal aortic aneurysm: US Preventive Services Task Force Recommendation Statement.JAMA. 2019; 322: 2211-2218
- Smoking prevalence among US veterans.J Gen Intern Med. 2010; 25: 147-149
- The 10-year outcomes of a regional abdominal aortic aneurysm screening program.J Vasc Surg. 2019; 70: 1123-1129
- Impact of abdominal aortic aneurysm screening on quality of life.Br J Surg. 2018; 105: 203-208
- The case for expanding abdominal aortic aneurysm screening.J Vasc Surg. 2020; 71: 1809-1812
- Screening programs for abdominal aortic aneurysms: luxury or necessity?.Angiology. 2019; 70: 385-387
- Screening program of abdominal aortic aneurysm.Angiology. 2019; 70: 407-413
- Impact of the Screening Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms Very Efficiently (SAAAVE) act on abdominal ultrasonography use among Medicare beneficiaries.Arch Intern Med. 2012; 172: 1456-1462
- Outcome of the Swedish Nationwide Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Screening Program.Circulation. 2016; 134: 1141-1148
- Impact of the first 5 years of a national abdominal aortic aneurysm screening programme.Br J Surg. 2016; 103: 1125-1131
- Implementation of an aortic screening program in clinical practice: implications for the Screen For Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms Very Efficiently (SAAAVE) act.J Vasc Surg. 2009; 49: 1107-1111
- Surveillance outcomes of small abdominal aortic aneurysms identified from a large screening program.J Vasc Surg. 2016; 63: 55-61
- Review of methods to determine VA health care costs.Med Care. 1999; 37: AS9-AS17
- Evaluating VA patient-level expenditures: decision support system estimates and Medicare rates.Med Care. 2003; 41: II111-I117
- Long-term cost-effectiveness in the Veterans Affairs open vs endovascular repair study of aortic abdominal aneurysm: a randomized clinical trial.JAMA Surg. 2016; 151: 1139-1144
- Updated US Preventive Services Task Force recommendations for abdominal aortic aneurysm-are we really up to date?.JAMA Surg. 2020; 155: 101-103
- Changes in the use and costs of diagnostic imaging among Medicare beneficiaries with cancer, 1999-2006.JAMA. 2010; 303: 1625-1631
- The cost of breast cancer screening in the Medicare population.JAMA Intern Med. 2013; 173: 220-226
- The anatomy of health care in the United States.JAMA. 2013; 310: 1947-1963
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
This work was supported by a VA Merit Award I01 CX001683 from the United States Department of Veterans Affairs Clinical Sciences Research and Development Program . Veterans Affairs had no involvement in the study design or collection, analysis, and interpretation of data. The Veterans Affairs was not involved in the decision to submit the manuscript for publication. The views expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the position of policy of the Department of Veterans Affairs or the United States Government.
Author conflict of interest: none.
The editors and reviewers of this article have no relevant financial relationships to disclose per the JVS policy that requires reviewers to decline review of any manuscript for which they may have a conflict of interest.