- Mechanism of procedural stroke following carotid endarterectomy or carotid artery stenting within the International Carotid Stenting Study (ICSS) randomised trial.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2015; 50: 281-288
- Updated Society for Vascular Surgery guidelines for management of extracranial carotid disease: executive summary.J Vasc Surg. 2011; 54: 832-836
- Interindividual variability in the response to oral antiplatelet drugs: a position paper of the Working Group on antiplatelet drugs resistance appointed by the Section of Cardiovascular Interventions of the Polish Cardiac Society, endorsed by the Working Group on Thrombosis of the European Society of Cardiology.Eur Heart J. 2009; 30: 426-435
- Measurement of antiplatelet inhibition during neurointerventional procedures: the effect of antithrombotic duration and loading dose.J Neuroimaging. 2010; 20: 64-69
- Carotid artery stenting outcomes: do they correlate with antiplatelet response assays?.J Neurointerv Surg. 2014; 6: 373-378
- The influence of anti-platelet resistance on the development of cerebral ischemic lesion after carotid artery stenting.Yonsei Med J. 2013; 54: 288-294
- Pharmacodynamics, pharmacokinetics, and safety of the oral reversible P2Y12 antagonist AZD6140 with aspirin in patients with atherosclerosis: a double-blind comparison to clopidogrel with aspirin.Eur Heart J. 2006; 27: 1038-1047
- Inhibition of platelet aggregation by AZD6140, a reversible oral P2Y12 receptor antagonist, compared with clopidogrel in patients with acute coronary syndromes.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2007; 50: 1852-1856
- Ticagrelor versus clopidogrel in patients with acute coronary syndromes.N Engl J Med. 2009; 361: 1045-1057
- Diseases of the Heart and Blood Vessels. Nomenclature and Criteria for Diagnosis.6th ed. Little, Brown, Co, Boston1964
- A new equation to estimate glomerular filtration rate.Ann Intern Med. 2009; 150: 604-612
- Outcomes and strategy of tailored antiplatelet therapy with ticagrelor in patients undergoing transcarotid artery revascularization.J Vasc Surg. 2021; 73: 132-141
- National Average Drug Acquisition Cost 2021. U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services,
2021 (Available at:)https://www.medicaid.gov/medicaid/prescription-drugs/pharmacy-pricing/index.htmlDate accessed: September 4, 2021
- Protamine use in transfemoral carotid artery stenting is not associated with an increased risk of thromboembolic events.J Vasc Surg. 2021; 73: 142-150.e144
- Predictors of neurological events associated with carotid artery stenting in high-surgical-risk patients: insights from the Cordis Carotid Stent Collaborative.Circ Cardiovasc Interv. 2010; 3: 577-584
- Factors associated with increased rates of post-procedural stroke or death following carotid artery stent placement: a systematic review.J Vasc Interv Neurol. 2014; 7: 11-20
- Protamine does not increase risk of stroke in patients with elective carotid stenting.Stroke. 2013; 44: 2028-2030
- Ticagrelor-related severe dyspnoea: mechanisms, characteristic features, differential diagnosis and treatment.Clin Med Insights Case Rep. 2020; 13 (1179547620956634)
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
The present study was conducted with support from Harvard Catalyst, Harvard Clinical and Translational Science Center ( National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences , National Institutes of Health grant UL 1TR002541 ) and financial contributions from Harvard University and its affiliated academic healthcare centers. C.L.M. is supported by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (grant F32HS027285 ). P.B.P. is supported by the Harvard-Longwood Research Training in Vascular Surgery ( National Institutes of Health T32 grant 5T32HL007734 ). The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of Harvard Catalyst, Harvard University, and its affiliated academic healthcare centers, the National Institutes of Health, or the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality.
Author conflict of interest: J.J. is a consultant for Silk Road Medical, Medtronic, and Endospan. P.A.S. is a consultant for Silk Road Medical, Boston Scientific, Medtronic, Philips, Surmodics, Cagent, CSI, Cordis. C.L.M., P.B.P., P.L., V.R., L.S., and M.L.S. have no conflicts of interest.
The editors and reviewers of this article have no relevant financial relationships to disclose per the JVS policy that requires reviewers to decline review of any manuscript for which they may have a conflict of interest.
P.A.S. and M.L.S. shared senior authorship.
Additional material for this article may be found online at www.jvascsurg.org.